March 2, 2012

Who Says


You made me insecure,
Told me I wasn’t good enough.
But who are you to judge
When you’re a diamond in the rough.
I’m sure you got some things
You’d like to change about yourself.
But when it comes to me
I wouldn’t want to be anybody else.

I’m no beauty queen
I’m just beautiful me

You’ve got every right, to a beautiful life.
Who says, who says you're not perfect?
Who says you're not worth it?
Who says you're the only one that's hurtin'?
Trust me, that's the price of beauty
Who says you're not pretty?
Who says you're not beautiful?

The path to gaining self respect- Selena Gomez says it best in her song, Who Says. The remarkable thing about self esteem is that YOU are in complete control of it. People may judge you or criticize you, in fact they will judge you and criticize you, but you are the one in command.

And yes, it is much easier said then done, to ignore what others say and think, but once you choose to do that and you choose to believe in yourself, you will blossom.

What is the harm in being confident and poised? If this is your outlook, I do not see any results other than success and happiness in your future.

No comments:

Post a Comment