March 7, 2012

A Bracelet Tradition



It began June of 2010- the greatest summer I have experienced to date. Having just graduated from high school, my friends and I were set to have a memorable summer filled with late nights, new experiences, and overall crazy and nostalgic teenage fun. When the summer began to wind down, I realized that I had been wearing three bracelets the entire season. The first was pale pink with silver hardware attached and it was from American Eagle. The second one was several tan braided ropes, also with silver hardware and from American Eagle. The third was a silver bracelet with white details that was a gift. All throughout my time spent in the ocean during beach trips, running over fields while playing flag football, and even when my wrist was held over fires to roast marshmallows, my faithful bracelets remained intact on my sun kissed wrists.

When September rolled around and it was time for me to leave for college, these three bracelets filled with memories still did not come off my wrists. Eventually I took them off because I realized that I was beginning a new adventure by starting my college experience and I did not want to be stuck in the past. But I still have these bracelets and look at them often to be reminded of the pure and youthful bliss I experienced that summer.
Since that summer, I have kept up with this tradition, even buying new bracelets to commemorate spring break trips and other fun experiences.

So here is my suggestion: if you have adventurous or interesting opportunities coming up (spring break for college students), invest in a bracelet to wear throughout the entire experience. I have come across stylish and inexpensive bracelets at stores such as Nordstrom (pictured above), American Eagle, H&M, and Forever 21. I would even recommend wearing it for the entire spring season to remind yourself of the energy you felt during that time and to allow that energy to be infused into everything you do for the rest of that season. By the end, you will have a fashionable signature item and noteworthy token to hold onto.

No comments:

Post a Comment