March 14, 2012

Stylish Spaces

When I moved into my compact and cramped freshmen dorm room, I had to do my best to organize all of my items in the limited space that I was given. At the time, I had recently bought tall rain boots and could not find a place to store them. That's when my grandmother said to me, "They're interesting enough to display like art. Why not arrange them on top of your wardrobe instead of hiding them away somewhere."
That moment is when it clicked in my mind, why not display my treasured accessories and jewelry pieces like art and give them the attention they deserve. Below are pictures from a website called the coveteur; we can take hints from them as to how to beautifully display are fashion items amongst every day items to decorate our spaces.

Show off all your special items- Award, handbag, and shoes.

For simplicity, work with neutral colors- Shoes, handbag, books, artwork, lamp.

Mix quirky items with luxury items such as a crocodile and jewels.

This oozes with sophistication- soft pink roses, heels, and art books.

Play with different textures- flowers, candles, books, a clutch, and a jewelry box.

No comments:

Post a Comment