May 3, 2012

A Thoughtful Idea


I recently made a trip to Target with a friend to go grocery shopping (if you do not already know that I love Target read this). On this trip I had to buy flashcards, but I was looking for a particular size, color, and possible box to hold them. When it was difficult to find the particular style I was looking for, my friend questioned what exactly I was using them for. I immediately became bashful, hoping to avoid opening up as to what I was secretly up to, but then,I thought, why not be honest about what I was doing. So I am going to share with the readers of Fashion Matterns exactly what I was doing.

Since April 22, I have been writing down my thoughts on these notecards that I purchased from Target. One notecard per day, with one simple thought per day. My plan is to do it for one year; resulting in 365 notecards with 365 thoughts that will allow me to look back and reflect on my year. 

I have never been fond of keeping a journal, I find it to be too time consuming and I can think faster than I can write, therefore I become quickly frustrated when trying to sort my thoughts and write them down at a speed that keeps up with my thought process. But, I do strongly value writing and reflecting on one's thoughts which is what lead me to devise this plan.

My thoughts each day are different. Sometimes I write down the best part of my day, or something personal that I need to work on, I even write down song lyrics that I love. There are no rules to what I write down as long as its meaningful and it must be limited to one thought. I decided to share this personal project that I am working on because growing is all about reflecting and as people striving to live a fashionable life, we should all be looking to grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment