December 9, 2011

Breakfast at Target


It is Saturday morning and the time is 10:00 am. I throw on a chic outfit consisting of jeggings, an oversize sweater, some eye catching jewelry, black ballet flats, and of course my oversize sunglasses. I arrive at my favorite store and grab a tea from Starbucks to drink as I wonder the store. Sounds like its just out of a movie right? Well I am not in Manhattan and I am not outside of one of the most well known luxury jewelry retailers. But I am at my favorite store, spending some time alone, and enjoying my time in my “happy place.” What is this weekly ritual that I perform? Its my breakfast at Target. Not quite as upscale and glamorous and the movie, but its my own version that fits my lifestyle and opportunities.
A lot of the time I do not even buy anything. If I do it is usually some groceries or a fashion magazine- something inexpensive. But the point is that I am getting away from the world for awhile and doing something nice for myself. I believe that this is a great example of one of the themes that I am constantly trying to convey to my readers: fashion and fabulosity is not about spending a fortune. It is being happy and making it work for your budget and resources. And maybe one day I will shop at Tiffany’s and Barneys in Manhattan in between owning a fashion magazine and pursuing my other passions- well I can dream a bit, can’t I? But in the meantime, I am grateful to have my weekly trips to Target that bring a little brightness to my Saturday mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment